- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- Purpose. Users can access limited features of this website without disclosing personal information. In order to access the entire website, users may need to register for an account, which will provide the registrant with full access to the website, including access to the website’s forums, message boards and chat rooms.
- Information Sought During Registration. During the account registration process, you will be asked to submit personal information, including your proper name and at least one active e-mail address. At this time, you will also have the opportunity to subscribe to website services, newsletters and other promotions regarding Seacycle Canada products and/or services.
- Information Sought to Fulfill Catalogue Requests. Personal information including your name, e-mail address, physical address and phone number may be requested in order to provide you with a physical or electronic copy of our catalogue(s).
- Information Sought During Website Sweepstakes or Contests. When the website offers sweepstakes or contests, personal information is collected in order to contact or notify you if you win the sweepstakes or contest.
- Automatically Collected Information. Information concerning your computer hardware and software is automatically collected and may be shared with other Seacycle Canada website. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. Seacycle Canada uses this information to maintain the quality of its service and to provide general statistics about website visitors.
- Storage and Transfer of Personally Identifiable Information. Seacycle Canada may store and process user’s data and personal information in Canada, United States or any other country in which Seacycle Canada or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents maintain facilities. By using Seacycle Canada’s website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
- USE OF INFORMATION
Seacycle Canada collects and uses your personal information in order to operate its website and to provide its online and electronic services. The collection of your e-mail address, name and address and phone number enables Seacycle Canada to send you any requested newsletter(s) or to send you any requested mailings or offers.
Information concerning your geographical location is used to determine if Seacycle Canada should provide regionalized information to its customers.
Seacycle Canada provides links to send e-mail messages to this website for your convenience and your e-mail address may be used to reply to your inquiry.
Seacycle Canada tracks the pages on this website that our customers visit in order to determine which areas of the website are most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within the website to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Seacycle Canada sometimes hires other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as sending newsletters, providing customer service, and performing statistical analysis of our services. We will only provide those companies with the information that they need to provide us with such services, and we prohibit them from using that information for any other purpose.
- TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION
Except as otherwise stated below, the personal information you provide on this website will not be shared with any third-parties other than Seacycle Canada’s affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, and contractors with whom Seacycle Canada reserves the right to share information without your express permission. We may transmit the personal information we collect on this website to other countries where we do business, but we will do so only for the purposes described herein.
- INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
We sometimes supplement the information that we receive that has been outlined in this Policy with information from other sources and companies. Such outside information includes updated delivery and address information from carriers or third parties, which enables us to correct our records and deliver your next purchase from this website or future communications more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
Seacycle Canada maintains your information on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We employ administrative, physical, and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. However, despite those efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. If you choose to create a profile on Seacycle Canada’s website or if you choose to register for an account, you will be required to select a password. This password can be changed at any time after you first log into the service by using your current password. You must keep your password confidential and you must not share this information with anyone. If you share a computer with anyone, you should always log out of the website before leaving it to prevent access to your information from subsequent users of that computer.
- USE OF WEB BEACONS
Seacycle Canada’s website pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons—also referred to as single-pixel gifs—that permit Seacycle Canada to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics – (e.g., recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on Seacycle Canada’s website; they are solely used to compile aggregated statistics concerning the use of the Seacycle Canada’s website. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, the time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
- DO NOT TRACK
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference users can set if they do not want web services to collect information about their online activity. However, there is currently no universal standard for sending and receiving DNT signals. Due to this lack of universal standard, it would be impossible for us to promise that we comply with all known and unknown DNT standards.
Therefore, Seacycle Canada does not in any way monitor or respond to DNT signals or other mechanisms that provide a choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about activities over time and across different website or online services.
If a universal standard for DNT becomes available we may revisit our DNT Policy.
- COMMUNITIES AND FORUMS OFFERED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE
Any personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data that you disclose through the Communities, Forums, Message Boards, Chat Rooms, or other public online forums hosted on or linked to through this website, may be collected and used by others. We recommend caution when giving out personal information to others in these public online forums. Seacycle Canada encourages you to review the privacy statements of website you choose to visit via hyperlinks posted on this website so that you can understand how those website collect, use and share your information. Seacycle Canada is not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on third-party website accessed through Seacycle Canada’s website.
- USER ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OF INFORMATION
You may access some of the information about you that we collect and process. For example, you may have access to information regarding recent orders from the website; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, address-book); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificates); e-mail notification settings; and prior order history.
With respect to your communications preferences, you can unsubscribe from newsletters by following the instructions included in the newsletter you receive. If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive newsletters, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for the newsletter. Occasionally, Seacycle Canada will send out e-mails concerning website disruptions, new products and other news about Seacycle Canada’s products and services. These e-mails are sent to all account holders and are not subscription-based. Such e-mails are considered a part of Seacycle Canada’s service to the users of its website.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13). If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under thirteen (13), we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
- CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES AND REVISIONS
- EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS
If you are accessing this website and are a citizen of a nation within the European Union (EU), you should know that the EU has passed specific legislation regarding the use and transfer of your information. Seacycle Canada does not sell, distribute, give, or otherwise provide your information to third parties in countries that do not provide an adequate level of data protection as evaluated by the European Commission.
If you are an EU citizen, you may access the data that we collect from you and process. For example, you may have access to information regarding recent orders from the website; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, etc.); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificates); e-mail notification settings; and prior order history. You also have the right to correct any inaccurate information we may have received with regards to your personal data. If you would like to have such information permanently deleted from our records, copied for your records or corrected for accuracy please contact Seacycle Canada.
- CONTACT INFORMATION