Seacycle Canada: Selling direct from the manufacture since 2002
- Deserving Canada, USA, Europe, Caribean Islands, Mexico, South America, Africa and others.
- We take care of the transportation and custom clearance.
Comparing Seacycle and pedal boat / paddle boat
- Is a sleek pedal catamaran of 15 ft long by 6 ft wide
- Uses propeller with no cavitation (loss of energy)
- Ergonomic and easy to pedal
- Can handle 3 ft waves and strong wind
- Cruises at 7-8 km/h and sprint at + 13 km/h
- Generally less hydrodynamic
- Uses paddle wheel and cavitates
- More difficult to navigate in waves and through wind
- Cruises at less than 2 km/h
IS IT DIFFICULT TO PEDAL?
Imagine to ride on the water almost effortlessly, say the effort of walking but with a speed of 2 to 3 times faster than walking. If you want to make a workout, then you can pedal faster and it will be more difficult.
HOW FAST CAN YOU GO?
Between 7 and 8 km / h. In workout mode it is rather 9 km / h, and sprints are over 13 km / h.
No fuel required, no pollution.
DOES IT MAKE NOISE?
There is no paddle wheel that you can hear. The propeller makes zero noise. The fishes and ducks are not afraid.
DO YOU NEED SPECIAL TRAINING?
There is no training or special ability to have such as for canoeing or kayaking. People of all ages can enjoy it.
WHAT CLOTHING ARE REQUIRED?
No need for swimming suit or wet suit. Normal shoes and clothing for the temperature will do.
We towed my friend’s boat for 1.5 km in 30 minutes!
This morning, France and I towed this Zodiac boat, which was drifting at the other end of the lake because of the sudden rise in the lake level due to heavy rains last night.
It drifted 1.5 km from home, and naturally contained a lot of water (on a Seacycle, we have no scoop!). So, the weight was accordingly …
Despite that, the towing took us 30 minutes, under a nice rain (we had the bimini top on). So we joined the useful to the pleasant: retrieved the boat of a friend and enjoyed this wonderful moment.
Rhéo et France, Grand Lac St-Francois, St-Joseph de Coleraine, Qc, Canada